A few weeks ago, we went to my son's girlfriend's grandparent's house on the lake [oops-I may have broken an apostrophe limit. :o)]. We had such a lovely time with the whole family [waving Hi to my Battle Creek BFF Kathy!!]! I made this card to capture the nice memory and say thank you to Val's grandparents for being such wonderful hosts, feeding us and taking us around the lake in the boat (I went two times!). :o)
- Inked up the chair with black ink pad and stamped it first onto Cryogen card stock. Applied liquid frisquet to the chair and let it dry. This is my new favorite way to mask!! This is so much better than trying to cut out little skinny pieces and then place the mask just so perfect on top of the image!
- Inked up Lakeside Cove image with black ink and stamped.
- Used a blending tool to apply shades of yellow and green to the grass area. Inked up grass image with darkest green and stamped several times, re-inked when ran out.
- I laid a paper towel to mask rocks and airbrushed sky, using a cloud template.
- Airbrushed water.
- Time to remove the mask. Before removing, I dabbed the wet color off with a tissue. I used an adhesive remove to gently easy the mask off.
- Time for coloring!! All the markers I used are in the picture below. My Spectrum Noir Markers fit right into my Copic Airbrush system. Oh, so many colors!! :o) I'm such a coloring geek!
- Last touch - stamped birds in the sky.
Stamps: Stampscapes 049G, 251C, 302A, Lockhart
Paper: Curious Metallic CRYOGEN WHITE 89lb card stock , Stampin' Up! basic black, Neenah Classic Solar White
Inks: Spectrum Noir Markers, Memento tuxedo black ink pad, Distress ink pads shabby shutter, forest moss, scattered straw
Accessories: Pebeo liquid frisquet, paintbrush, Tim Holtz blending tool, Stampin' Up! adhesive remover, cloud template (SU! retired)
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!