More images from one of Dee's new sets coming out August 15th! Our design team is now having monthly technique challenges. We are just finishing up a challenge with polish stone. For August our technique is any type of resist. Please come back and visit this month to see projects with resist. Also, for more ideas hop over and visit the Sunday International Design Team projects at - click here!
- Saturate a large cotton ball with alcohol (very moist, not dripping). Squeeze three drops of each color re-inker onto the cotton ball randomly. Squeeze two drops of the silver re-inker, apart from each other. Dab the cotton ball randomly around the glossy card stock. The alcohol makes the ink spread. If there’s too much ink in one spot, dab over the spot again to spread the ink. Dab over areas until you get the effect you want. Tip: Because a little goes a long way, use at least a 5 ½” x 8 ½” sheet of card stock at a time. If you dab too much, you’ll get a big blob.
- When using metallic inks with this technique, a fixative is needed to set the ink completely. Spray a fixative lightly over the cardstock. Allow several minutes to dry.
- Ink image with craft ink and stamp onto glossy card stock. Sprinkle on embossing powder and heat set.
- Cut out image. Use craft knife to get under his chin. Set aside.
- Brayer the top 3/4 of the vellum ATC with blue lightly. Start brayer off the top edge of the ATC and gradually come in with the ink. Check out more on this cool brayering technique from Michelle, here. Repeat two to three times. Create clouds with the template, finger sponge dauber, and blue ink.
- Cut polish stone piece of cardstock to a size of 1” x 3 ½”. Tear along the long edge to create the look of water waves. Rub the torn edge on the blue ink pad.
- Place swan image on ATC and adhere down. Adhere wave over swan, aligning with the bottom of the card.
- Use silver leafing pen to draw a boarder around the ATC. Tip: Lay card flat on scrap paper. Make sure the leafing pen tip is saturated with paint and slowly run the pen around the card with part on the paper and part on card. The more you have on the card, the wider the boarder will be. Allow to dry.
- For sentiment, use Post-It Notes to cover areas of image that are not to be inked, so the just the word “Wonderful” can be inked. Ink up with VersaFine ink pad. Remove Post-It Notes around the word and stamp on illustration board.
Paper: Strathmore Bristol vellum ATC, Stampin’ Up! glossy card stock
Inks: Stampin' Up!brocade blue ink pad & re-inker, basic black craft ink pad, night of navy re-inker, almost amethyst re-inker; Tsukineko ultimate metallic re-inker silver, VersaFine onyx black ink pad
Accessories: alcohol and cotton ball, hair spray (as fixative), Krylon silver leafing pen, Quickie Glue pen, Stampin’ Up! finger sponge dauber, Stampin’ Up! cloud template (retired) and detail black emboss powder, craft knife, 2” brayer, Post-it notes
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!