I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out so I didn't take break out photos. I really dig how it turned out so I'm sharing this simple technique in case you'd like to try!
I cut the sheet into A2 size pieces then jumped into this idea in my head on what to do with some images I had. Here are the steps I followed:
[NOTE: allow everything to dry completely in between steps]
- I used a black Versamark ink pad to stamp Man at Piano from Stamps Happen, Inc (sorry I could not find the image on line from where I purchased mine - it may be retired).
- I used a lovely rich black Memento Luxe ink pad to stamp the jazzy sax player from RubberNecker stamps.
- Next, I filled in with with gesso.
- I stamped over the gesso again.
- I used Tombow Dual Brush pens directly on top of the gesso and a water-brush to spread color. I added more color after the first coat dried. The sax is painted with Gold Smooch.
I really dig how it turned out over the Gelli printed background! When I create a surprise like this, it makes me look at my stamps in a different way. Now I'm going to dig through my stamps! :o)
Thanks for visiting!
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!