When I started this layout, I did not have anything specific in mind....I knew I wanted to have a bunch of tigers because my husband really digs tigers - this book cover is for him. I wasn't even sure it would turn out well enough to post so I did not take break out photos. :o) I made a lot of mistakes in stamping the scene, but thanks to Kevin's awesome Stampscapes designs, I could cover them up and like how it turned out.
I stamped the scene, masking where needed. Once the scene was complete, I used a liquid mask to protect all the eyes. I colored each tiger using YR24 and YR27. Next, I colored the scene with subtle colors - water (B00), rocks (C1, C2), mountains e43), and cracked earth (W1). I used a blending tool to lay down a variety of greens and browns all over the scene being careful to leave highlights. I didn't want to leave all the tiger's white areas stark white - that was a little too loud, even for me. :o)
Before removing the liquid frisquet, I dabbed a tissue over it to remove any ink. I learned that trick from my stampin' sister Barb G who taught me all about using liquid frisquet while stamping. Before then I had only used it for watercoloring! All these tools overlap! :o) I colored all the tiger's eyes with markers and used glossy accents over the them. After the glossy accents dried, I put a tiny dot of white acrylic paint with a toothpick.
The rocks, cracked ground, mountains, reeds, palms, and sky images are all from Stampscapes. The tigers are from Coronado Island and I love rubber stamps. the plant on the bottom is from Serendipity.
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!