Today I'm sailing with Judi-Kins! I saw this sailboat on a card one of my Posh Club buds did and just feel fast for it - I had to have it! So I ordered it about six months ago and am just now creating with it. LOL! I'm sure that never happens to you. You probably use your stuff as soon as you get it. :o) The completed card is 4 1/2 x 6"
- Inked up sailboat image with Memento and stamped onto Cryogen cardstock.
- Masked sailboat and land horizon line, then air brushed sky with TB2.
- Masked sky and sponged in water with broken china, leaving white space for highlights.
- Masked bottom of palm tree image (so it was not so tall) and colored markers direct onto image, removed the mask, then stamped. Sponged in a little more land over the base of the tree.
- Added some clouds with a piece of felt and white acrylic paint (learned this method from my stampin' sister Lynette at our Stampscapes retreat in May). Dab off paint before making cloud. After it dried, I went over lines of sailboat with permanent pen.
- I colored in the sail boat with my Spectrum Noir markers and drew in the birds. I pulled out my color combo chart to help me choose my colors.
- I used a white paint pen to add water splashes. I know I need to work on my random placement of water highlights. :o) After I added all the dashes, I thought I should have not added any. I'm still learning when to STOP. :o)
- I stamped a palm tree inside to carry the theme forward.
Stamps: Judi-kins & Posh Impressions
Paper: Curious Metallic CRYOGEN WHITE 89lb card stock, glossy white base card, Stampin' Up! basic black
Ink: Spectrum Noir Markers, Memento tuxedo black ink pad, Tombow Dual Brush Pens 158, 173, 977, Distress ink pads old paper, broken china
Accessories: Sharpie white paint pen, Sakura Micron .005 archival ink pen, Eclipse tape, white acrylic paint
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!