I made this card for the StampscapesII April Swap. The theme is a jungle scene. My swap partner is Terry in NV. He likes bears, but since there's no bears in the jungle, he's getting a tiger. :o)
I'm so happy with the result I got with my new method of masking! It a new way to mask for stamping - at least for me! :o) My stampin' sister Barb G. told me about it. She actaully told me about it last year at our Stampscape's Retreat and I ran right out and bought the product and prompty orgainzed it away. :o) I recently saw a beautiful scene she created and asked her about it and she reminded me about how she does masking, so I got out my stuff for this scene.
Next week we are having our 2012 Stampscapes!! I am sooooo excited! We have people coming from different places in the USA, from Canada, and one of our Stampin' Sisters is coming all the way from The Netherlands!! How cool is that?! I'll share photos and art from the retreat.
The finished size of the card is 4.5" x 6".
- I stamped the tiger first. To mask him, I painted over him with liquid frisket. My new favo rite! I got a little happy and stamped a smaller tiger for another scene and masked him too. After allowing the fluid to totally dry, I finished stamping my scenes and allowed the ink to dry. TIP: Be sure to wash your paintbrush right away with soap and water. It's a good idea to designate an old brush just for your friskette.
- I used an adhesive eraser to remove the dried mask. TIPs from Barb: use a tissue to dab any ink off of mask before removing. Use eraser to get it started, then pull mask off.
- I used old fashioned paper masking (that's what I'm calling it now. :o)) for the rocks and airbrushed the sky with TB3.
- Using a photo of a tiger I found on line and my Spectrum Noir Marker color combo chart I picked my colors for the scene, and then I COLORED!
- For the foliage and grass, I brayered ink onto Cryogen pieces and then used die cuts to make a few plants. I ran them through my Xyron sticker maker. Adhered them onto the little scene and then trimmed the edges with scissors. I've found that to be easier than cutting them first and then tryting to adhere flush at the edge.
- I added one of the leafs to the inside of the card, added highlights in his eyes with acrylic paint and a toothpick, and he's ready to send!
Stamps: Stampscapes 084E, 185G, 279F, 302A, I Love Rubber Stamps
Paper: Curious Metallic CRYOGEN WHITE 89lb card stock , Stampin' Up! basic black, white glossy paper
Inks: Memento tuxedo black ink pad, Spectrum Noir Markers, Marvy blending blox shades of olive ink pad
Accessories: Pebeo liquid frisquet, paintbrush, Dees Distinctively large green leaf & Poppystamps, inc. grassland border dies cuts, 2" brayer
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!