This huge bouquet is for my Club Posh swap partner last month, Wendy in Canada. I'm featuring beautiful Judi-Kins flowers in a lovely Posh Impressions vase. You can find both images at Judi-Kins. I'm using one of my favorite techniques, watercoloring with Tombows!
- Scribbled marker colors onto a nonstick surface. Spritzed with water. Swirled Cryogen card stock around in mixture to pick up color. NOTE: Check paper and make sure you're getting the results you want. If not enough color, repeat process. You can spread the color with your fingers. You can also allow the background to dry and then pick up more color. Be careful not to saturate your card stock.
- Allowed background to dry completely. Used heat gun to help it dry.Edge with gold leave pen.
- Inked up flowers and vase images with gold ink pad, stamped onto watercolor paper, sprinkled with embossing powder and heat set. Cut out images. Used die cut for flowers.
- Used in-direct method of adding coloring with Tombows. Scribble color on pallet, picked up color with waterbrush and spread.
- After everything dried, I adhered the background layer to the base card, adhered the bouquet and the vase last. TIP: when I have something that I need precisely placed, I use a liquid glue in case I need to shimmy it around to fit in place.
Stamps: Judi-kins & Posh Impressions
Paper: Curious Metallic CRYOGEN WHITE 89lb card stock, Fabriano Artistico Extra White Watercolor Paper Block 140lb hot press. glossy white base card
Ink: Encore ultimate metallic gold ink pad, Tombow Dual Brush Pens 195, 452, 555, 703, 761
Accessories: Stampin' Up! detail gold emboss powder, waterbrush, plastic pallet, Gold Leaf Pen, craft knife and mat, Spellbinders Nestabilities, spritz bottle filled with water, Tombow multi-liquid glue, Inkssentials Non-stick Craft Sheet
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!