I made this card for Michael Strong's November card challenge at his Yahoo Group. This card fits into a USA legal size envelop. The background was inspired by a technique in Sherrill Kahn's book Creative Stamping With Mixed Media Techniques. I really dig Sherrill's bold use of color and style.
- Cut 3" of the top of 8 1/2" x 11" piece of card stock. Fold over the largest section so that you have a card 4 x 8 1/2". The 3" x 8 1/2" piece is the back ground layer.
- Squirt a small amount of paint onto the background layer and then spread with toothbrush in diagonal strokes. Repeat for the other two colors until you have completely covered the piece of card stock. Allow to dry. Clean toothbrush right away with water. NOTE: I used only a small amount of cooper in the background.
- Squirt small amount of copper paint onto sponge and then dab onto mini square image. Stamp onto toothbrush background. Repeat to fill the background. Allow to dry.
- Cut a square piece of black card stock. Use a sponge to apply copper paint to word image and stamp. Repeat for the mini square image. Allow to dry. Be sure to clean your stamps right away with water.
- Edge square with sponge. Allow to dry.
- Adhere all layers.
Stamps: Michael Strong
Paper: Neenah Classic Solar White, Stampin' Up! basic black
Ink/Paint: Jacquard Lumiere acrylic paint pearl blue, pearl violet, super copper
Accessories: Spellbinders Nestabilities classic square die cut, toothbrush
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!