I made this card for the Club Posh November swap. I decided to use non-traditional Christmas colors with Tombow blending techniques.
- Inked up images with black ink, stamped onto Cryogen paper, sprinkled with embossing powder and heat set.
- Used Tombow markers and blender pen to add color to background. For the lighter colors, i.e. 133, I used the direct to paper technique. I colored directly on the paper and used the blender pen to pull the color.
- For the darker shades, i.e. 526, I colored the marker onto a piece of plastic and then picked up color with the blender and laid it down on the paper, starting in the area that I wanted to be darkest, and then pulled color to the lightest shade in an area - being careful not to over-blend since this is not watercolor paper.
- In between colors I would scribble the blender pen on a scratch piece of paper.
- Used scissors and a craft knife to cut out gift image.
- Trimmed large background image.
- Adhere layers.
- Color image with pink Tombow and and stamp on A2 size Cryogen piece of card stock. Trim 1/4 off top, and one side. Adhere on inside.
Stamps: Judi-kins & Posh Impressions
Paper: Neenah Classic Solar White, Stampin' Up! basic black, Cryogen White
Ink/Paint: VersaFine onyx black, Tombow Dual Brush Pens,
Accessories: Stampin' Up! detail black emboss powder, plastic pallet, craft knife & mat
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!