This little scene was inspired by a card that Tonya did. She offers wonderful scenic stamping classes featuring Stampscapes images at Peddler's Den. Scroll down on their page and check out the gallery! This card features the snow leopard image from Coronado Island. I find his gaze memorizing. CI has some awesome images! I bought several after the May Stampscapes Retreat. The cards measure 4 1/2" x 6".
- Inked up snow leopard image and stamped.
- Inked up large rock image and stamped. NOTE: watch your placement closely to allow enough space to show his full face. I have unmounted images and can easily see my placement through the acrylic block. If you have a wood mounted version, a stamp positioning tool (i.e. Stamp-a-majig) would assist with exact placement.
- I then placed mask over the rocks. Inked up rock image and stamped to fill in the white space to the right of the masked image. NOTE: If there is any white space left, use tip of tonal applicator image to fill in. Use a multiliner if any lines are needed.
- Now, let the coloring begin!! :o) I colored his eyes first. I used YG97 and YG93. I came back in later with YG06 because I wanted them to be brighter.
- I Googled "snow leopard" to guide me on coloring and used E31 and E35 to color his body. I used R81 for the tip of his nose.
- I started with YG97 and filled in a thin line or a short flick in between the rocks - working on a few rocks at a time. I went over those dark areas with YG95 or YG93 depending on how large the rock was. I pulled further up into each rock. I used the Y93 to color the entire rock, leaving some white space at the top of a few of the rocks.
- After coloring all the rocks, I went back into the darkest areas with BV29, then used the lightest green, YG93 to blend it. I use a combination of small circles and flicking to blend.
- I used YG0000 and YG93 for the water.
- Inked up moon and stamp in corner.
- I used a blending tool to apply Distress Ink all around the border. Inked up branch and stamped - repeated around the top of the scene to frame. Do this step last and you can cover up les boo boos. :o)
- On a second card, I used purples and grays.
Stamps: Stampscapes 038D, 084E, 185G, 277F, Coronado Island
Paper: Cryogen White, Glossy white
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, Tim Holtz Distress ink forest moss, Copic Markers
Accessories: Eclipse tape, blending tool, Multiliner 0.5
Second Card Supplies variation:
Ink Pad: Tim Holtz Distress Ink chipped sapphire
Copic Markers: 0, C3, C5, C7, BV0000, BV01
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!