I made this scene featuring Mike's mini starfish and sand using ultra fine flower soft.
- Use Copic airbrush and paper towel to create your background. On A2 size card stock do the sky first with a torn paper towel for the clouds. Next use a straight edge paper towel under the sky for the horizon line, and a jagged edge paper towel at the bottom where the sand meets the water, and then airbrush the water. Cover up the water and airbrush the sand. It's helps to have a base color in case ant spots are missed with the flower soft. Trim 1/4" off top and one side.
- Reuse mask paper towels to cover sky and sand. Ink up water image and stamp off onto scrap two times, then stamp into water. Oops: I forgot to stamp off a second time on the left edge - that's when I decided which side my starfish would go on. :o)
- Spread glue over sand area. Sprinkle flower soft and press down gently. Press down in some areas a little more firmly - this will give a some dimension to your beach. Shake off access sand and put back into jar.
- Ink up mini starfish image with VersaMark ink and stamp onto carmel card stock. Repeat two times. Ink up mini starfish image with VersaMark and then with carmel ink pad and stamp onto card stock. Repeat two more times. Sprinkle embossing power and heat set.
- Cut out images with scissors or die cut.
- Adhere background layer onto base card.
- Adhere stars in corner.
- On an A2 size piece of white card stock, mask off large area. Use sponge to add color. Adhere remaining stars to inside. TIP: when masking for a straight line, line up your mask edge with the edge of your piece of card stock.
Stamps: Michael Strong Mini Cloisonné Creatures MS335EZ, Stampscapes 231C
Inks: VersaMark watermark ink pad, Marvy #104 ink pad, Stampin' Up! creamy caramel,
Paper: Stampin' Up! whisper white, creamy caramel
Accessories: Copic Markers B23, BG11, E31, Stampin' Up! clear embossing powder, Flower Soft ultra fine sand, art glitter adhesive, Michael Strong mini creatures Die Cuts, sponge
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!