Our theme this month is watercolor - one of my favorite ways to color!! I wanted to make each one a little different and then we always have one special ATC for the grab bag.
- Ink up Lockhart images with gold ink pad and stamp onto water color paper. Sprinkle gold embossing power and heat set.
- Repeat with black ink and black embossing powder for the Crackerbox Palace image
- Add color to the images with markers. Start with lightest shades and cover the largest area within an embossed area, then spread with water brush. Allow to dry. Color the next shade covering less area, then spread with water brush. Allow to dry. Repeat for all the areas.
- Cut out images with scissors or die cut.
- For each ATC background, ink up large flower and leaf images with gold ink and stamp. Use gray and Judi-kins image for the Crackerbox Palace back ground.
- Add color to the backgrounds with markers using light shades or a small amount of dark shade, then spread with water brush. Allow to dry.
- Give each Lockhart image a border with a gold leafing pen. Allow to dry.
- Spritz the flower background ATCs with a mini mister filled with water and one little scoop Perfect Pearls for a touch of bling. Allow to dry.
- Add a border to all the backgrounds with a gold leafing pen. Use a fine tip gold pen to add color to Crackerbox Palace woman's bracelet.
- Adhere images to background ATCs. You'll notice one of the ATCs has two little gold elements - they are from The Robin's Nest. That because I was speeding with the gold leafing pen and made a le boo boo. They are covering up a gold blob. :o)
Stamps: Lockhart, Stacy Stamps , Judi-Kins, Crackerbox Palace
Paper: Canson XL watercolor 140lb cold press
Ink: Encore Ultimate Metallic gold ink pad, StazOn stone gray ink pad, Stampin' Up! basic black craft, Tombow Dual Brush Pens
Accessories: heat tool, Stampin' Up! black & gold detail embossing powder, water brush, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Sakura gold metallic pen, Krylon gold leafing pen
NOTE: Lockhart rubber stamps come mounted on wood. I unmounted all my Lockhart images as part of my journey to save space.
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!