In May I took an advanced stenciling class at My Creative Classroom with Kim. Great class! After I was introduced to the embossing paste technique a few years ago, I bought several stencils that I just had to have. Well.... now I can start using them since I've been refreshed with Kim. :o)
- Ink up 279F image and stamp. Repeat across the card stock to create the land area, making sure there is an opening for water. Because of the design of Stampscapes images it was easy to make a seamless landscape. I laid a torn paper towel at the edge of the image on the card stock and stamped right next to it.
- Use shades of yellow and orange to create a blended sky. I airbrushed Y11 in the sky first, added a little Y15, then used a punched circle to mask the sun. I airbrushed Y15, Y38 and YR04 horizontally across the sky. Remove mask.
- Use a light, light brown marker to add a base color for the grass area. Add some green without covering up all the light, light brown.
- Use shades of blue for the water - leaving a white space for a highlight in you scene. Add a little yellow in the water for the sun's reflection.
- The next few steps give the high level description of what I did for embossing paste technique for this project. To see a basic video on embossing paste with stencils, go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujt7sTqLm80&feature=related. Note: The stencil I use in this project has several separate images so I taped around the image I was embossing. I embossed the trees first, allowed them to dry, then the giraffe.
- Secure stencil using low tack tape.
- Scoop out some embossing paste onto a non-stick surface s. Add a few drops of black ink and mix together.
- Spread paste over stencil opening. Slide spatula flush across the surface and pick up extra paste. Remove tape and allow to dry. Since color was added to your white paste, you do not want to put it back into the original jar. :o) You can place the remaining paste in a air tight container to use later or discard.
- After the paste has dried, stamp birds.
- Trim layers and adhere.
Stamps: Stampscapes 279F, 302A
Paper: Stampin' Up! basic black, summer sun, Cryogen White
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, Tim Holtz Distress re-inker black soot
Accessories: Dreamweaver white embossing paste, safari brass stencil, spatula, low tack tape, Copic Markers & air brush system, Stampin' Up! 1" circle punch
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!