This month our theme is weaving - something I have never done. :o) So..... as I thought about my project and looked at my supplies, I decided to use yarn. As I learned, not a good weaving material - too many fibers. ::o) I had fun. I just hope they stay together long enough for me to trade.
- Used my new favorite medium of wax to create bright backgrounds, ironing on 8 1/2 x 11 pieces of card stock.
- Cut them into slightly smaller ATC sizes and adhered them to black background layers.
- After I viewed a couple Youtube videos, I was ready to weave. I laid out several pieces of yarn horizontally on my desk and then taped them at both ends.
- I then cut several layers of yarn and started weaving it through. Oops, that cute strawberry paper is in the photo accidentally. It's from Papertrey Ink and will be used on a project I'll be posting in a few days featuring a new Hambo Stamps digi image.
- I used my Xyron to create a double sided adhesive piece of card stock. I peeled back one side and laid a sticky side onto my long weaved piece. I trimmed the extra card stock away. I cut up the weaved yarn into small pieces and set aside.
- Inked up basket of yard image and stamped onto card stock. Repeated for several images.
- Used 2 or 3 markers from the same color family to add color to the image. Cut out each image and ran through Xyron.
- Assembled each ATC. Used glitter pen to add a little bling.
Paper: Cryogen White, Sunday International ATC cards, Peddler's Den Glossy
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
Accessories: Copic Markers, Xyron machine, Sakura gold metallic & clear glitter pens, tape, Encaustic Creations iron, wax squares, Crayola Metallic FX Crayons, yarn
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!