- Ink up image with gray ink pad and stamp image for placement on glossy A2 size piece of card stock. NOTES: (1) I stamped this image upside down (2) Since stamping for placement I only inked up a part of the image as a guide for the painting. I also planned not to use the handles.
- On a scrap piece of card stock, ink up image with StazOn and stamp.
- Use iron and waxes to create back ground. Click here to see a post with tips and Encaustic tutorial video link.
- Use your stamped guide to show where the leaves will come out of the vase. Add a little wax just below the top of the vase and then use the tip of the iron to pull and shape the leaves.
- Use the stylus with the drawing tip to add gold wax to accent the leaves and also the vase on scrap card stock. Follow the pattern of the vase. TIP: use a little bit of clear wax with the gold to reduce the strength of the color.
- Cut out vase.
- Adhere layers & colored image over guide. Stamp portion of image on the inside of the card (Encore gold metallic ink) and use a metallic pen (Sakura) to draw in leaves.
Stamps: Mini Cloisonné Containers MS334EZ
Inks: StazOn jet black, Memento london fog
Paper: Encaustic Creations glossy card stock, Neenah Classic Solar White, Stampin' Up! basic black
Accessories: Encaustic Creations iron, stylus, wax squares, Crayola Metallic FX Crayons
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!