I made this card for the Hambo Stamps DT call. Isn't this little summer dude cute?! He is ready for the warm ocean, sun and fun. Too bad his travel agent sent him to the Arctic. There's a penguin inside waiting to hang out with him.
- To print the images, I inserted the wee henry snorkel image into my word.doc application and made it the size I wanted. I then inserted the ice scene and sized it. TIP: The first time you print, print it on copy paper. Check to make sure it is the size you want. When you are sure the size you want, then print on your nice card stock.
- Since the wee henry image is so small, I used one or two colors from a color family to add color. I used the colorless blender to move color around and create shading in very small areas.
- Cut out the image.
- Added color to the ice scene with different shades of blue. I used an airbrush to color the sky. TIP: Use a paper towel for masking. You can just lay a paper towel over the area, trace the shape and cut out with scissors. Position the paper towel slightly below your line so you do not get a hallo.
- I then adhered wee henry on top of the ice and added a little shadow with a blue marker.
- Printed the words on my printer and used a black marker to edge.
- Gave his goggles "plastic" with a clear glaze pen.
- Stamped a little penguin image in the corner of A2 size white card stock. Added a little color with makers. Trimmed 1/4 " off top and off one side. Adhered on inside.
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!