I'm using these cute little penguins again for Hambo Hoedown 17! This time they have taken a trip to the moon. The moon is a digi image. My textured background was made using waxes, my new favorite coloring technique!
- I used the word.doc application on my PC to determine the size of the moon. I wanted it to be the width of my top layer card. I used the ruler on the side of the application to size it. TIP: The first time you print, print it on copy paper. Check to make sure it is the size you want. When you are sure the size you want, then print on your nice card stock.
- I inked up the penguin images and stamped them onto white paper and cut them out.
- I found free clip art of an astronaut helmet on line. Printed it out onto card stock. I first sized it and printed on copy paper before printing on my nice card stock. Cut images out. Use craft knife for tight spaces. I ran the smaller images through a sticker maker.
- Now, time for coloring! I used two or three colors from a color family to add color to the images.
- On black glossy card stock, I used an iron and waxes to create space background. The stars are created with white dots of wax.
- Adhered all layers and images. I used Crystal Lacquer to fill in the glass of their helmets.
- Printed the sentiment on my PC, and cut it out.
Paper: Stampin' Up! blue, Gina K Pure Luxury card stock white heavy base weight 120lb, black glossy paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
Accessories: Copic Markers & Multiliner 0.5, Crystal Lacquer, Xyron sticker maker, craft knife and mat, Encaustic Creations iron, wax squares
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!