Hetty is a lovely, talented woman who is the moderator for our Michael Strong Yahoo Group. Mike named his newly released coffee set after her. I'm so excited for Hetty!! She works hard to support our group, where lots of ideas are shared about creativity. This card is 5 1/4" x 5 1/4".
- Rub anti static bag over water color paper. Ink up large coffee cup image with watermark ink, stamp onto watercolor paper, sprinkle with embossing powder and heat set.
- Choose color theme/design papers and markers. I picked several from my Club Scrap
collection and narrowed it down. I've been a member for years and just adore their card stock/papers!! They have great designs and texture on quality paper.
- Add color to the image with markers. Start with lightest shades and cover the largest area with in an embossed area, then spread with water brush. Allow to dry. Color with the darkest shade covering a smaller area and spread color with water brush. Allow to dry.
- Cut out image. Cut layers out of design paper/card stock.
- Adhere layers.
- Use a VersaMarker to color a part of the swirls image that will fit over coffee cup. Use a scrap piece of paper to mask where coffee cup will be, and stamp swirls about the coffee. Sprinkle with emboss powder and heat set.
- Adhere coffee cup.
- Using dual art brush pen to ink image, stamp small coffee cup image inside card. Draw swirls above cup.
Stamps: Michael Strong's Hetty's Coffee Cup Set MS352EZ
Paper: Strathmore 140lb cold press watercolor paper, Club Scrap, Stampin' Up! very vanilla
Ink: VersaMark watermark ink pad, VersaMarker watermark pen
Accessories: heat tool, Stampin' Up! embossing buddy, Tombow Dual Brush Pens 452, 491, 969, 977, water brush, craft knife and cutting mat, crystal white embossing powder
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!