Here's a little Mother's Day Bouquet using clear embossing powder.
- Rub anti static bag over water color paper. Ink up image with VersaMark ink pad, stamp onto watercolor paper, sprinkle with embossing powder and heat set.
- To get your water color pallet, turn ink pads over and press them onto non-stick craft sheet side by side, not overlapping. If you do not have a craft sheet, you can press the ink pads onto a piece of plastic or spare acrylic block.
- Pick up color with the water brush and apply over flowers. The embossed image will act as a resist and the color will fill in around the image. I didn't worry about being precise - I wanted the colors to flow and mix. NOTE: your water brush should be moist, not dripping.
- Dab excess color off onto a paper towel in between colors.
- Allow ink to dry.
- Cut oval around bouquet. Leave the die cut around the image. Spread clear water all around the image. Pick up some blue and fill in color. I picked up other colors from the flowers along the way. I like that look!
- Adhere layers and ribbon. The yellow layer is the other side of the Club Scrap design card stock.
- Ink up bouquet image with old olive ink and stamp partial image into the corner of a piece of A2 size vanilla card stock. Ink up sentiment and stamp near the top. Trim 1/4" off top and one side. Adhere to the inside of the card.
Stamps: Happy Mother's Day MSET02
Paper: Club Scrap design, Stampin' Up! old olive, Strathmore 140lb cold press watercolor paper
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress ink pads fired brick, spiced marmalade, mustard seed, tumbled glass, broken china, pine needles, VersaMark watermark ink pad, Stampin' Up! old olive ink pad
Accessories: heat tool, Stampin' Up! emboss buddy, clear embossing powder & ribbon, water brush, Spellbinders Nestabilities oval die cut
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!