I made this little basket for this week's Hambo Hoedown. The card features a cute little basket of wonderful hearts.
- To print the image, I inserted the digi image into my word.doc application and made it the size I wanted. TIP: The first time you print, print it on copy paper. Check to make sure it is the size you want. When you are sure the size you want, then print on your nice card stock.
- I rubbed an anti static bag over water color paper and set my printer to BEST quality. IMMEDIATELY after it printed, I sprinkled emboss powder and heat set. I was literally standing at the printer with my powder.
- I chose the design paper and primary markers to match. For this image since the hearts cover a small area, I chose just primary colors
- I added color to the image with markers by drawing a thin line of color within an embossed area and spread the color with the water brush.
- I added a subtle grounding of grey marker and spread color with water brush.
- I added a shadow of blue around the basket and hearts, and spread color with water brush.
- I cut out the basket image with a circle die cut. I cut out the sentiment image with a rectangle die cut. I cut layers out of design paper and card stock and adhered them onto the base card.
- For the inside of the card, I added a boarder of design paper, drew a heart in the corner and added color with marker and water brush.
Paper: Stampin' Up! orchard opulence, Neenah Classic Solar White, Fabriano Studio Watercolor Pad 140lb cold press, Paper Pizazz
Accessories: Sakura Multiliner .005 pen, heat tool, Stampin' Up! black detail embossing powder & emboss buddy, Tombow Dual Brush Pens, water brush
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!