As you can see style is in the eye of the beholder. :o) I made this card for this week's Art Impression Challenge. Here's how I made it:
- Picked out design paper and marker colors to match.
- Inked up the birdie image and stamped onto white card stock.
- I drew the hen house using a multiliner pen and stamped the sentiment image on a small piece of card stock. To help me with my drawing or color inspiration, I will google photos or free clip art as a guide.
- Using two colors from, or close to, a color family, I colored the image. I practiced on my card stock to get the combination I wanted to match my design paper. I used the markers ending in 0000 for "shading the white area." I like the combination of blues and purples for shading. I encourage you (as Marianne has encouraged me) to try different color combinations, one that challenge the color wheel! You may find something you like, or unique to match that special design you have that you've been saving.
- Using the Copic air brush system and a cloud template I made with a die cut, I created a very subtle sky and ground background. I then used the mulitliner pen to add some random dots on the ground. I decided to make my background subtle because I wanted the corset to be my focal point and really bring out the background design.
- I cut out the images - used a die cut for the sentiment image. I ran a marker along the edge of the sentiment.
- I cut out my layers and laid out my scene. I adhered the base layers on and the hen house. I then stamped the birdie image on the layout so I could pick up the smaller details that I did not cut out, like the corset bow - a bit too tiny to cut out, at least for me. :o)
- Adhered birdie. TIP: I use liquid glue to adhere an image when placement is critical - it can be shimmied it into place. Keep the glue in the center - if you put it too close to the edge, it will spread beyond your image. If that happens, just wipe off with a damp paper towel. I used E51 marker to create a shadow under the images.
Stamps: Art Impressions
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury card stock white heavy base weight 120lb, Paper Pizazz, Neenah Classic Solar White (base card)
Accessories: Copic Markers, Multiliner .5 pen & airbrush system, Spellbinders Nestabilities big scallop & long rectangle die cuts, Tombow MONO Multi Liquid Glue
birdie corset: E04, R59
birdie body: B0000, BV0000
birdie other parts: R08, R27, R59
hen house: E11,E13, E51, Y15, Y38
airbrush: B0000, E11
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!