I made this card to help celebrate Michael Strong's 15 year anniversary of designing rubber stamps. Click here to read his interesting story! You'll also see some new stamp images he has coming out. I just got the Kimono! I can't wait to design with it!
This card measures 4 1/2 x 6" and has 15 elements on it to celebrate 15 years.
- Stamp flower and leaf images on the smoother side of the watercolor paper, sprinkle with embossing powder and heat set.
- Using three shades of a color family to watercolor the images: starting with the lightest color, fill in a section, leaving a small white space. Use a waterbrush to spread the color in the area. After it dries, add the next darkest color - laying down less color - spread it with the water brush. After it dries, I add a small amount of the darkest color and spread that. TIP: When watercoloring, wet one section at a time so you don't get hard lines. Always start with a clean brush in the lightest area and move to your darkest area.
- Cut the images out.
- Cut the design card stock so that one complete flower pot is the focal point. Use the VersaMark Marker to draw a stem and add a line over the black swirl. Sprinkle emboss powder and heat set.
- Adhere layers to the base card. TIP: The liquid adhesive allows you more time to shimmy and position paper pieces.
- Adhere all pieces onto top layer of card. Use Crystal Effects and a toothpick for the Dew Drops.
- Adhere a piece of design card stock inside for the note. The pattern is light enough to write over.
Stamps: Michael Strong Cloisonné Flower MS320EZ, Cloisonné Leaves MS307EZ
Paper: Fabriano Studio Watercolor Pad 140lb cold press,, Club Scrap design card stock & black card stock
Ink: Encore Ultimate Metallic gold ink pad, VersaMark Marker
Accessories: heat tool, Stampin' Up! gold detail embossing powder, Crystal Effects, & embossing buddy, Tombow markers 133, 158, 249, 905, 925, 993, waterbrush, Dew Drops, lady bug button from Joann's, Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!