I made this little scene for my Stampscapes bud Sandy K! She's my swap partner for our 'anything goes' swap . I first met Sandy on line and then at our Stampscapes Retreat in Chicago last year. She has such a sweet spirit and I wanted to make her something special.
Below are some tips for scenic stamping. You'll discover what works for you, you'll probably discover some new ways of building scenes, and how to hide your les boo boos! :o) These are just tips - use them, bend them or break them, just get scenic stampin'!
- Before stamping on your nice card stock, build your scene on copy paper.
- Think about balance in your layout, i.e. don't always center your focal image.
- When building a scene, work from front to back. Think about what will be in the front of the scene. Stamp that first. Mask the image with masking tape, low tacky paper, or a paper towel. A really nice feature about Stampscapes images is that they are designed to fit together, so it's very easy to build a beautiful scene.
- If you have a white spot (in an area you don't want) when masking or trying to overlap, use the Tonal Applicator image to fill in. No one will notice!
- When coloring, use various shades in a color family to add depth and interest. Have fun using different coloring tools! For larger areas, use the colorbox stylus tool, sponges, or air brushing. For smaller, tight areas use markers, pencils or a small paintbrush with an ink pad (I learned that from Pat M). Try water coloring! Take out those supplies you bought that you just had to have and are still in the packaging - oh, or am I the only that does that? :o)
- Always leave some white space in your scene - think about where the light is shining - both the source and where it's hitting.
- When you have a sky and water in your scene, the water usually reflects the colors in your sky.
For some great ideas and inspiration, visit Stampscapes. Be careful.....you may get hooked!! It's a good hook. ;o)
Stamps: Stampscapes 254B, 231C, 051G, 084E, Inkadinkado
Paper: Curious Metallic CRYOGEN WHITE 89lb card stock, Stampin Up! black, Papertrey Ink Stamper’s Select White Card Set
Inks: Memento ink pads summer sky, bahama blue, new sprout, cottage ivy, bamboo leaves, cantaloupe, desert sand, rich cocoa, Marvy Matchable black ink pad
Accessories: Color Box Stylus Tool, Eclipse tape, Liquid Paper, Copic Markers E13, E21, E37, C9, Tombow Marker 158
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!