Each day this week, I will post a card of the day featuring Michael Stong's images. Please stop by to see. If you get inspired and make something from what you see on my blog, please leave me a comment with a link to your deisgn so I can see it!
I made this card for Valerie Wilson Reed - we are in a Women's Business Network together in the Chicagoland area. I'm so excited for Val! Her fabulous apron designs recently got picked up by Sears. A couple months ago, she was on HSN. You can visit her website by clicking here. When you visit, you'll see her design that inspired this card.
- Rub anti-static across on white card stock. Ink up large paisley image with black craft ink and stamp onto card stock, sprinkle with embossing powder and heat set.
- I did not want the flowers to show up in the apron image - I'm using the paisley as the design for the apron - to match Val's design. To get the outside of the image, use the VersaMark pen to ink up the border and skirt folds of the apron image. Because of the skirt's width, the complete image will not fit inside the large paisley image. First outline the top part of the apron and stamp. Then outline the skirt port and stamp next to the top. Don't worry about inking past the top or bottom - you are going to cut the pieces out.
- Sprinkle with embossing powder and heat set. Cut out images without arpon strings.
- Ink up complete apron with black craft ink, stamp onto white card stock, sprinkle with embossing powder and heat set.
- Use die cut to cut large scalloped oval around image.
- Color apron strings black. Use black glitter pen on strings to add some highlighted sparkle.
- Adhere paisley pieces over embossed image.
- Use pink permanent marker to create a pink border near the bottom of the skirt.
- Ink up individual paisley images with VersaMark and stamp randomly on pink layer.
- Adhere all layers to base card.
- Ink up sentiment with black ink and stamp on pink layer.
- Stamp a paisley border inside for a nice surprise.
Stamps: Michael Strong Cloisonné Paisleys MS340EZ & Words and Phrases MS333EZ, Lockhart
Paper: Stampin' Up! whisper white, basic black, pink
Ink: Stampin' Up! craft black, VersaMark
Accessories: heat tool, Stampin' Up! detail black emboss powder & emboss buddy, Spellbinders large scallop die cuts, Sharpie pink fine point, Tombow Marker N15, Copic atyou Spica black glitter, VersaMarker
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!