This is one of those ideas that just hit me....making a paper ornament with a real hook. :o) The coloring is inspired by a card I did in one of the classes I took with Michael Strong. Of course, right after I took the class, I just had to order this adorable snowman and puppy!
- Ink up the snowman and puppy image with Versafine ink and stamp onto confetti card stock. On a separate scrap piece of card stock, repeat for the puppy image. Sprinkle the images with emboss powder and heat set.
- Sponge distress ink around images to create spotty background for texture.
- Add color to the images with pencils. Add a little darker brown shadow around images, Use blender pencil for smoothing and texture. NOTE: Be careful when coloring close to the embossed border. If you press too hard, it will scratch off the embossed lines.
- Use gold rolling pen to add color to buttons, hat, and add a collar to the puppy - both on the larger image and single image. Use a metallic pen to add color to the snowman's arms. Allow to dry.
- Use a pencil to draw a little name tag on the puppy's collar. Cut out single puppy image with scissors, not right on the line - leave space to create a layer.
- Cut a circle from gold card stock slightly larger than the puppy.
- Cut a circle around snowman and puppy image. Cut a larger circle out of gold card stock as a layer.
- Cut strip of gold card stock for for the top of the ornament. Run strip through crimper tool. Use scissors to shape it. TIP: I googled Christmas ornament clip art to remind me which way the ridges should go. :o)
- Use the smallest circle die cuts from each set to create ornament hook circle. Cut the largest one first, then position the smaller one inside that circle and run through machine.
- Assemble ornament, then adhere image circle. Pull real hook through circle and adhere whole thing to base card.
- Adhere single puppy image inside card. Use marker to color hat of snowman and stamp inside.
Stamps: Michael Strong Snow Pals MS330EZ
Paper: Stampin' Up! confetti & gold metallic, Color Cards - Holiday
Ink: Versafine vintage sepia, Distress Ink vintage photo ink pad
Accessories: heat tool, Stampin' Up! clear embossing powder & emboss buddy, Spellbinders Nestabilities small and large circle die cuts, Prisma color pencils & colorless blender, Sailor gold rolling pen, Sakura gold metallic pen, Tombow Marker 969, Xyron sticker maker, Fisker paper crimper, sponge, real ornament hook
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!