I needed one "beautiful" ATC this month for our grab bag. I believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and is not just how something looks. I do enjoy vivid colors and in an effort to create something beautiful, I chose to use bright colors with gold. I used one of the inked backgrounds from the technique I did a for my ATC trade last month. To see directions for the background, click here. For the rest of the card:
- Rub watercolor paper with anti-static bag.
- Ink up vase image with gold ink.
- Stamp vase onto watercolor paper. Sprinkle embossing power and heat set.
- Add color to the vase sections with markers by adding small dots of color in a corner of the area and then spread the color with the water brush.
- Cut out image.
- Ink up the distress image with gold ink.
- Stamp onto background on an angel in one corner. Sprinkle embossing power and heat set.
- Cut a tiny strip off the bottom and one side of the ATC.
- Adhere to a black layer that is cut ATC size (2.5" x 3.5"). Adhere vase image in corner.
- Be sure to sign the back of your little art piece!
Inks: Encore Ultimate Metallic gold ink pad
Paper: Fabriano Artistico Bright White Watercolor Paper Block 140lb, Stampin' Up! basic black
Accessories: Tombow Markers N15, 055, 535, 905, 925, Stampin' Up! gold detail powder & embossing buddy, heat gun, water brush
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!