I'm featuring Mike Strong's cloisonne pot image again! :o) It's so versatile! This time I filled it with fresh Spellbinders fruit. For the bowl, I used a polished stone background I had previously made.
- To create the polished stone background with die ink re-inkers, saturate a large cotton ball with alcohol (very moist, not dripping). Squeeze three drops of each colored re-inker onto the cotton ball randomly. Squeeze two drops of the gold re-inker, apart from each other. Dab the cotton ball randomly around the glossy card stock. The alcohol makes the ink spread. If there’s too much ink in one spot, dab over the spot again to spread the ink. Dab over areas until you get the effect you want. Tip: Because a little goes a long way, use at least a 5 ½” x 8 ½” sheet of card stock at a time. If you dab too much, you’ll get a big blob.
- When using water based metallic inks with this technique, a fixative is needed to set the ink completely. Spray a fixative lightly over the card stock. Allow several minutes to dry.
- Ink up the pot image with gold ink and stamp on card stock. Sprinkle with emboss powder and heat set.
- Cut out the pot. Cut off the top of the pot to create a lovely bowl.
- Use die cuts to create fruit shapes.
- While the card stock is still in the die cut, airbrush color onto the fruit. I used yellow for the base of the pear and apples and then added the red and green. I used the darker green for the leaves.
- After removing the die cut, color the steams direct. You can use alcohol to remove color from your die cut pieces.
- Cut design paper to fit A2 size card, and then cut 1/4" off top and one side.
- Trim around the design paper with gold pen. Allow several minutes to dry.
- Arrange fruit in bowl to your liking.
- Adhere design paper onto base card, and fruit and bowl on top.
Stamps: Michael Strong Cloisonné Pot MS318EZ
Paper: Stampin' Up! whisper white (pot), Georgia Pacific white (fruit), Club Scrap designer, Papertrey Ink Stamper’s Select White Card Set
Ink: Encore Ultimate Metallic gold ink pad
Accessories: heat tool, Stampin' Up! embossing buddy & gold detail emboss powder, Copic markers & airbrush system, Sharpie white extra fine point paint pen, Krylon gold leafing pen, Spellbinders Shapeabilities assorted fresh fruit
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!