Whenever our relatives come to visit two things happen....
Thing1) Something is broken when they leave. Once it was the vacuum cleaner (it was nice of my brother-in-law to vacuum). Another time it was the garbage disposal. And to be fair, we've done our share of damage too.... I broke my sister-in-law's blinds. My son got red ink on Grammie's new couch.
Thing2) Someone always, always forgets something - a sock, a whole bag of dirty clothes, a toothbrush, etc... We collect everything in a bag and save it for the next time they visit, or take it to them when we go visit them. Although, I did wash that bag of dirty clothes....didn't want to save that. :o) It has become a contest at our house. We wave good-bye from the drive way. Go in the house to the window on the side and wave from there. Then we break up and start looking. Who ever finds a forgotten item yells out what he or she found. Then we call them on the cell phone and say "guess what I found?" There's no prize, just bragging rights. :o)
We're always glad to have company and to visit our family. The visits make great stories. Member -not remember, but "member" - that time.... :o)
I had so much fun making this card - I was gigglin' with every piece. Sending a shout out to my daughter for the idea of having stuffing coming out of the pillow. That may be from a past experience she participated in....
- Lightly drag the gray ink pad direct to paper over textured card stock.
- Cut couch & chair out with die cut.
- Ink up chair outline image with black ink and stamp onto die cut - since the image is clear, you can easily see where to stamp. Repeat for the couch. Note: I tried it the other way, stamp first, die cut second. That did not work for me. The die cut moved slightly as it was going through my Cuttlebug machine. If anyone has any tips on this, please leave a comment.
- Ink up picture image and stamped onto scrap white card stock. Repeat for two more pictures. Repeat for open image of pillows (3 of each square and circle) and lamp.
- Add color with markers. I used just one marker from each color family and then used the colorless blender 0 to pull color out for the shading. This technique works beautifully with the PTI select white card stock.
- Cut out the images. The small punch works just right for the round pillows.
- Run all the images through the Xyron sticker maker. Save one pillow that will be adhered with a dimensional.
- On an A2 size layer of white card stock, draw a base board with the multiliner and a ruler. Add color with marker. Use colorless blender 0 to pull some color out. Run the marker back and forth in short horizontal lines to create a faux wood grain.
- Add color to floor with gray marker.
- Cut off one leg from the couch and chair to give the appearance they are broken. Adhere couch and chair.
- Ink up table image and stamp in between couch and chair.
- Adhere pillows and pictures. Before adhering lamp, cut the lampshade off so you can place it lopsided.
- Draw a little outlet and a cord from the lamp.
- Tear off a corner of your pillow that you did not run through the Xyron. Use the dimensional to adhere a piece of cotton and pillow on the floor.
- Ink up coffee cup and stamp onto floor. Add colors and a little spill with markers.
- Ink up sentiment and stamp. Change words with multiliner.
- On the inside of the card ink up chair and stamp in the corner. Adhere a pillow. Ink up sentiment and stamp.
Inks: Palette noir black, Stampin' Up! going gray
Paper: Papertrey Stamper’s Select White card stock, Club Scrap textured card stock
Accessories: Copic Markers & Multiliner .3 pen, Stampin' Up! dimensionals & punch, Xyron sticker maker. little piece of cotton ball, Papertrey On My Couch die collection
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!