Hello!! I just returned from a wonderful family vacation! We picked up our relatives in MI and drove to the Virginia Beach area in a 12 passenger van, and then met up with more family. We were talking, snacking, and napping all the way there. We had a fabulous time. It's always good to see everyone together - the children playing... and the food - oh man!! It was all good!!
Before I left, I made a fashion bookmark as a thank you for a lovely necklace my son's girlfriend's mother made for me. With this background fill technique, when you are making one, you might as well make two or three as you will have plenty of background color.
- Cut vanilla tags 1/4" smaller than black book mark.
- Rub ink on non-stick craft mat. NOTE: run ink pads next to each other. Do not overlap the colors.
- Spritz with water.
- Pick up color on tag card stock by lightly swirling it around.
- Heat set to dry. Iron flat.
- Ink up images with ink pad colors used for background and stamp randomly on bookmark.
- Ink up necklace image with dark blue and lavender ink pad colors and stamp randomly on bookmark.
- Ink up sentiment images with dark blue ink pad and stamp randomly on bookmark.
- On scrap piece of white card stock, ink up purse image with dark blue and stamp. Repeat onto bookmark. Ink up another purse image with lavender and stamp on white card stock and on bookmark. On the white card stock, color purses with Copic Markers blending one or more markers from the same color family.
- Cut out the colored purse bag of purse images - not handles. Adhere cutouts over stamped images on bookmark. Use glitter pen to add bling highlights to purses and handles.
- Punch flowers out of various colors of scrap paper. Run the flowers through a sticker machine. Add some bling with stickles. Set aside to dry.
- Add flowers to book marks.
- Slip into plastic cover and add fibers.
Paper: Bookmarker - Black , manila tags, Stampin' Up! whisper white
Inks: Memento Tuxedo paris dusk & lulu lavender ink pads, Tim Holtz Distress ink pads milled lavender, tumbled glass, broken china
Accessories: Copic Markers, Sakura glitter pen, Xyron sticker machine, Stampin' Up! flower punch & fibers, Club Scrap fibers, Stickles star dust, craft iron, water spritzer, ribbonFX ribbon