This card was inspired by a card Sandy did here. She even shared the photo, and I am too! Sandy is such a talented artist - she has two blogs! She is also a great teacher. She teaches at My Creative Classroom. She has a beginners scenic class starting July 6th - you can see it here.
Here's what I did to make this card:
- Print photo on photo paper, allow to dry. Like Sandy, I turned the photo upside down so that clouds would be the water.
- Stamp Mountains with black ink. Allow ink to dry in between each image.
- Stamp cabin with black ink. Be sure to make it low enough so that the reflection is in the "water"
- Stamp birds and branches with black ink. Stamp the boat last. My husband actually suggested the boat when I showed him the card. :o) Nice touch!
- Add color to the rocks, cabin, and roof directly with markers.
- Add color to the mountains with the stylist and caramel ink. Color some areas darker than others, allowing the color of the photo to show through for highlights. Since the sun is to the left, color the right side of the mountains darker.
- Add color to the trees with the stylist and artichoke ink. Also a little color in the water for the reflection of the tress.
- I stamped the row boat on the inside of the card for an itty bitty surprise. :o)
Paper: Staples photo plus gloss paper, Stampin Up! basic black, Papertrey Ink Stamper’s Select White Card Set
Inks: Marvy Matchable black ink pad, Stampin Up! creamy caramel & always artichoke ink pads
Accessories: Color Box stylist, Tombow Markers 55, N60, 837, 947
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!