I am still beaming from taking Michelle's braying class last week. :o) Sunday International has the cutest CD stamp sets. They are just the right size for ATCs and they also make nice full size cards. This set makes me want to travel to Hawaii. :o)
- Mask off bottom area of card with torn paper. This will be the sand the surf boards will be stuck in.
- Ink up surf board image with black craft ink and stamp so that majority of the board is above the mask. Repeat for two more boards.
- Use same process for sand pail image. Stamp one time.
- Sprinkle all the images with emboss powder and heat set.
- Color images with Copic markers, blending two markers from the same color family into an area.
- Use VersaMark pen to cover all the areas you colored. Sprinkle with emboss powder and heat set.
- Mask off the top of the card - cover slightly above the bottom of the embossed images.
- Brayer creamy caramel on the bottom for the sand.
- Move the mask up slightly and sponge creamy caramel. This step is to show some sand in behind the boards and pail.
- Starting at the top, brayer tempting turquoise almost all the way to the sand line. Wipe off embossed images with a clean paper towel
- Mask off horizon line also mask off top of sand. Sponge in night of navy for the water. Note: Run the sponge back and forth in a light horizontal sweep to create a ripple look in the water.
- Move the mask down and sponge in a very thin line of yellow.
- To create shadow of the images on sand, use a swab to lightly add color to match the shape of the images.
- Sponge night of navy all around the card to create a subtle frame.
- Assemble the complete card.
Inside of card
- Mask off right side of white card stock, leaving on smaller amount unmasked.
- Ink up sand pail image with tempting turquoise and stamp randomly onto white card stock.
- Lightly sponge area with tempting turquoise.
- Remove mask.
- Ink up surf board image with tempting turquoise and stamp.
- Repeat for sentiment image.
TIP: Create a color chart for marker combinations on the type of card stock you are using Copics on. This way you'll remember the color combinations you like, and ones you don't. :o) Use a Copic multiliner pen for labeling to make sure your write does not smear.
Stamps: EZMount CD Stamp Set - Life's A Beach MSET06
Paper: Stampin' Up! whisper white, basic black, tempting turquoise
Inks: Stampin' Up! basic black craft ink pad, creamy caramel, temping turquoise, not quite navy, summer sun ink pads, VersaMark watermark ink pad (oops, missed the photo)
Accessories: brayer, sponges, white gel pen, VersaMark pen, Stampin' Up! window punch & brads, cotton swab, Inkssentials opaque pen
surf boards: BG13, BG18, R29, YG03, YG06
sand pail: Y13, BG13, BG18, E13
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!