I joined the Sutter Stamps Yahoo groups and this is the card I made for my first swap! Actually it's a card front. :o) Sutter has nicely designed stamps that create lovely scenes. For this swap we stamp on Acrylic and then attach it to the front of a card. I decided to use the brayering technique I learned in Michelle's class last year. She has another one coming up in May in Wheaton - I have signed up for it! I'm so excited. I'll share what I make!
- Mask off circle for moon of the base layer and brayered background. Starting with my lightest color. I used a circle I had created before with a circle punch and Eclipse tape.
- Turn your card 180 degrees to start from the opposite side with the second color and brayer all way up and over your first color.
- Add your darkest color from the same direction as the second color, blending only part way into the card. You will see some light areas. After a few minutes the blending kicks in for a nice look.
- Ink up tree image with StazOn and stamp to the left of the card.
- To create ground, tear a piece of scrap paper uneven and mask top of the card. Sponge ground with black dye ink.
- Inked up giraffe image with StazOn and stamped on right side of acrylic. Repeated two more times.
- Allow to dry and turn acrylic over. Add brads to top corners to attach acrylic to base layer.
Stamps: Sutter Stamps Giraffe Set, Acacia Set - Small
Paper: Stampin Up! whisper white
Inks: StazOn jet black ink pad, Stampin' Up! marigold morning, pumpkin pie, cranberry crisp, basic black ink pads
Accessories: brayer, Eclipse Tape, Stampin' Up! circle punch
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!