I think I may be hooked on using photographs with my stamping! I made this card for a swap with my Stampscapes yahoo group. I found the photo on the internet ...somewhere out there and thought it was so pretty.The beautiful colors could only be used for a tropical scene. I'll have to use the photo again in a way that shows the lovely sun set. I will also print and stamp on photo paper. It will give a more vivid image. I really liked the way this card turned out - I just like variety. :o)
- Printed photo on white card stock. Allowed it to dry.
- Inked up with craft and stamped the hut image two times - once on the photo and once on white card stock. Allowed to dry completely.
- Added color to the huts on the white card stock with pencils, blending with a variety of browns and mustard. Left white space for highlights. Cut out huts and adhered to photo card stock.
- Added color with pencils to rocks, poles and sand underneath huts. Because the photo made the paper dark, I colored with white or a lighter shade of gray or tan first and then added a darker color.
- Inked up prong image with green and stamped on the sides.
- Adhered layers, added a punched accent and Dew Drops.
Below are a couple ATCs I made with photos. Both are using SU! card stock. I used Copics to color the Deer (Sutter Stamps) and stippled Memento ink to add color to the trees, water, and rocks in the other one. All the other stamps are Stampscapes. I used a white gel pen for white on deer and ripples in water.
Stamps: Stampscape - 094G, 137C
Inks: Stampin' Up! Craft Black, Memento cottage ivy
Paper: SU! whisper white, basic black, pink passion
Accessories: Prisma Pencils, SU! corner punch, Dew Drops, Stamp-a-ma-jig