It's all in the attitude and what this Hippo Sister is saying to me is, "I feel good and I look good!" I used the paper piecing technique to match her outfit to the polka dot scalloped layer behind her.
- Stamp hippo image two times, once on white card stock, and once on the decorative paper.
- Cut out Hippo Sister's outfit out of the decorative paper. Even if you make a lee boo boo like I did cutting off a piece of her tutu, you can just adhere it in place and it's not noticeable on the finished card. :o)
- Add color to the Hippo image using Copics. You only need to add color to her face, neck, arms and legs. Add grass beneath her feet.
- Cut Copic colored image with circle die cut. Cut scalloped layer.
- Assemble Card.
- On inside of card, add a piece of white card stock for the message and stamp dance shoes.
Stamps: Hambo Stamps, Stampin’ Up!
Paper: Stampin’ Up! decorative papers & almost amethyst , Neenah Classic Solar White, Georgia-Pacific
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, Stampin’ Up! almost amethyst
Accessories: Copic markers, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Marvy Scallop punch, Spellbinders Nestabilities circle die cuts
Hippo: C2, C5, R21
Grass: G07, YG2
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!