This card was inspired by a new video Gina K has up. You can see it at StampTV. Gina always has such great ideas! I visit weekly! Since I'm currently hooked on the glitter mist, a.k.a perfect pearls mist, technique I decided to use that as my back ground. I wanted dark blue for a night time view. I did not have a dark blue glimmer mist so I had to whip that up first.
- Using Tim's recipe, add forever blue Perfect Pearls, night of navy re-inker and water into a Mini Mister and shake it all up.
- Spray glimmer onto dark blue card stock. NOTE: Spraying the glimmer on various colors of card stock gives a very different look. Here's an example of the same dark blue recipe on white and dark blue.
- Allow to dry. You can use a heat tool to speed up the drying process.
- Ink up tree image with craft white and stamp onto glimmer sheet. Repeat two more times.
- Sprinkle with embossing powder and heat set.
- Cut your image scene into a square. Use a white gel pen to add falling snow.
- Cut into four even pieces.
- For the window size, cut your window layer large enough to allow spacing to give the illusion of panes. You can eye ball it or measure. I tend not to measure the majority of the time. This is more obvious on some of my projects than others. :o) For this project I did use the help of a grid guide.
- Once you have your placement, adhere.
- Layer onto the window frame and layer again onto another frame to give the window some depth.
- Ink up vase portion of flower stamp with embossing ink and stamp on glimmer mist scrap. Add clear embossing powder and heat set. Cut out vase.
- Color the flowers and vase image direct to stamp with markers and stamp onto white card stock. Cut out the whole image. Use a craft knife for tight spaces.
- Draw a table and outlet (or stamp one if you have a table and outlet stamp) on white card stock. I colored a little of the marker onto an old CD and used the water brush to pick it up apply the color to the table. Cut out the table and outlet. NOTE: when you water color on regular card stock, be careful not to use too much water. The paper is really not intended to hold water and it will peel.
- Adhere all the pieces down to the design paper and layers. Adhere glimmer vase over the vase on top on table.
Paper: Stampin Up! whisper white, basic black, night of navy Basic Gray design paper
Inks: Stampin Up! craft white and night of navy re-inker, Top Boss embossing ink
Accessories: Marvy Brush Markers 3, 7, 28, 82, 114, LaPlumeII Markers 6, Stampin' Up! winter white & clear emboss powder, Inkssentials opaque pen, Prismacolor .005 Fine Line Marker, water brush, craft knife, heat tool, Ranger Perfect Pearls forever blue, Mini Mister, Grid Guide
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!