I'm so excited for Melanie! Tonight Melanie is having a blog hop. She'll have some blog candy. Hope you can join in! I made this card with the blog candy that I won on Melanie's site (see her signature in the supplies photo!!). I have a few of her sets. I really dig her style of design. Here's how I made this card:
- Stamped several images from happy harvest on luxury card stock. At that moment I wasn't sure which ones I wanted to use - I like them all. :o)
- I narrowed it down and colored some with Copic markers.
- Stamped mosaic inspiration image two times - once on luxury white card stock and once on patterned paper.
- I trimmed the outside of the complete image on white card stock and cut out the smaller full rectangles from the patterned paper. I pasted the two rectangles on the white card stock mosaic.
- I laid out the happy harvest images for placement over the mosaic. Once I made a final decision where I wanted the images, I stamped the images over the mosaic.
- Next I stippled some brown ink over all the white to tone it down.
- For the sun flower leaves that were stamped directly on the white card stock, I colored those with markers. I adhered the rest of the cut out images over the stamped images. I added a few black dots to the center of the flowers.
- I adhered a piece of patterned paper over the base brown card stock and adhered the mosaic piece over that.
- As an after thought, I added the flowers in the upper left corner. I had already colored them and that corner was too plain. :o)
Paper: Gina K's pure luxury base weight chocolate kiss & pure white, and patterned paper
Inks: Stampin' Up! chocolate chip, Brilliance graphite black
Accessories: Copic markers, Faber-Castell artist pen F, stipple brush
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!