Here's another sneak peak at the Japanese set - Best of Dee coming out August 15th at Sunday International. I used a lot of glitter, but it's hard to see in the photo. I'll keep practicing my photography!
- Use markers to color direct to fish image and stamp on sticker back paper. Repeat for a variety of colored fish. Cut out and set aside.
- Saturate a large cotton ball with alcohol (very moist, not dripping). Squeeze three drops of each colored re-inker onto the cotton ball randomly. Squeeze two drops of the silver re-inker, apart from each other. Dab the cotton ball randomly around the glossy card stock. The alcohol makes the ink spread. If there’s too much ink in one spot, dab over the spot again to spread the ink. Dab over areas until you get the effect you want. Tip: Because a little goes a long way, use at least a 5 ½” x 8 ½” sheet of card stock at a time. If you dab too much, you’ll get a big blob.
- When using metallic inks with this technique, a fixative is needed to set the ink completely. Spray a fixative lightly over the cardstock. Allow several minutes to dry.
- Stipple blue ink on right side of illustration board.
- Cut the polish stone card stock to a size of 1 ¼” x 3 ½”. Adhere to left side of illustration board.
- Use markers to color direct to flower image and stamp over the area that is stippled. Color again and match branch or flower at each end to make the flower cover the length of the card.
- For sentiment, use Post-It Notes to cover areas of image that are not to be inked, so the just the word friends can be inked. Use marker to color direct to image. Remove Post-It Notes around the word and stamp on illustration board.
- Remove backing from sticker paper position and fish onto polish stone side.
- Use glitter pens to add sparkle in various places.
- Use silver leafing pen to draw a boarder around the ATC. Tip: Lay card flat on scrap paper. Make sure the leafing pen tip is saturated with paint and slowly run the pen around the card with part on the paper and part on card. The more you have on the card, the wider the boarder will be. Allow to dry.
Stamps: Best of Dee Gruenig Greetings 2 ATC, Best of Dee Gruenig Japanese ATC [to be released 8/15/09]
Paper: Crack N' Peel Glossy Sticker Paper, Strathmore Illustration Board ATC, Stampin’ Up! glossy card stock
Inks: Stampin' Up! brocade blue ink pad & re-inker, night of navy re-inker, almost amethyst re-inker; Tsukineko ultimate metallic re-inker silver
Accessories: alcohol and cotton ball, hair spray (as fixative), stipple brush, Sakura glitter pens, Krylon silver leafing pen, Marvy Brush Art Markers 60, 62, 110, 122, 118; Post-It Notes
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!