This card was lots of fun to make! I didn't have to measure or line up anything! :o) I am really diggin' these ATC size junior jungle images from Sunday International's new stamp sets by Dee Gruenig.
- Cut glossy cardstock to 9 x 6 and fold in half to make 4 1/2 x 6 size card
- For the animals, I used markers directly on the images, blending at least two colors on the stamp for depth and interest. Except the zebra image - I used the craft ink so the image would be really, really dark and rich on the glossy cardstock. I then cut a circle around the animals with a round die cut.
- When I saw the richness of the zebra, I decided to stamp one on the inside of the card. I used a marker in a dotting motion to create a ground under him.
- To create the animal print second layer circles, I started with a piece of glossy cardstock, 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 (A2 size). I inked up the zebra background image with craft ink and stamped all the way to the left. It is perfect size for an A2 size card. Next I used the ochre ink pad for the leopard background image and stamped right next to the zebra image. I used two markers different shades of brown, for the spotted background image and stamped next to the leopard background. I then colored the image again and turned it 180 degrees and stamped again right next to it.
- For each circle layer I put the die cut circle across two background images to mix and match.
- I adhered the layers. I used markers in a dotting motion to ground the lion and zebra and added plants for a little color. I colored just the top of one of the plant images stamped to make it look like it was growing around the animals.
- On the base of the card, I stippled lots of color using the shades of caribbian. I then inked up the larger plant from the full size Junior Jungle set with the shades of caribbian and stamped around the card until the ink ran out. I repeated this several times all around the card. I then inked the same image up with the shades of olive and stamped a few times around the card. I used markers directly on the flower images of the ATC set and stamped in a couple places to add a splash of red and deep blue.
- Finally, I adhered the layered circles to the card.
Stamps: NEW! Junior Jungle ATC-Best of Dee Gruenig Collection, Dee's leopard background, spotted border, zebra background
Paper: Stampin' Up! glossy white
Inks: Blending Blox shades of blue, shades olive, shades of caribbian; Stampin' Up! basic black craft
Accessories: Spellbinders Nestabilities circle die cuts, Marvy Brush Art Markers 37, 82, 110, Marvy LePlumeII Markers 1, 4, 16, 18, 29, 46, 88, stipple brush
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!