Are you a White Sox fan or Cubs fan, or perhaps both? Not too many people are both. :o) Last week was the annual Chicago Cross Town Classic baseball series. This is a Thank You card for a group of people who planned an awesome team event using the Cross Town theme. The card holds one of those plastic gift cards - the size of a credit card. Here's how I made it:
- To determine the base card size, measure the envelop size and cut the base card 1/2" larger all around. For this card the envelop is 6 1/2" x 4 3/4", so the base card is 7" x 5 1/4"
- I stamped images randomly in red, black and blue on the envelop, flap size up
- Fold envelop in half. Fold base card in half
- Cut flap of envelop at fold. Wet the left side and close
- Lay the envelop inside the base card. I adhered the right side first. Put your glue on the envelop and press the base card to your envelop
- For the outside front panel piece, I downloaded the logos into a jpeg file and then inserted them into a power point file, changed the image to the size I wanted, and repeated the images in a random pattern. NOTE: These are the applications I have on my PC. You can use what ever you have to get to the end result of a random pattern. I printed it on SU! card stock. I found this CS weight went through my printer easily. The panel piece is cut 3 1/4" x 4 1/4". I then put it into a cuttle bug folder and ran it through my Cuttlebug machine.
- Create extra sox and cub logos. Cut out with circle punch. Cut out layers for blue and black larger circles.
- Wrap twine around base card with open ends to the right (make sure you cut enough length to tie a bow - I cut mine 20") and adhere front panel piece to front of base card. The front panel will secure the twine.
- Adhere the extra layered logos to the front of the card and it's ready for a gift card
- Optional step: Add a blank piece of card stock to the inside left for your message - computer generated, stamped, or handwritten. 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" works nicely.
Stamps: Stampin' Up! Sporting Goods (retired)
Paper: Neenah Classic Solar White, Stampin' Up! whisper white
Inks: Stampin' Up! really red, night of navy, basic black
Accessories: Stampin' Up! 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circle punches, Cuttlebug Thank You template, twine
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!