I continue to experiment and practice with different brands of card stock and mediums. I encourage you to do the same. When you see a technique you like, you don't have to have the exact same brand name items to try it. I learned that tip from Asela. Now, that doesn't stop me from buying new stuff when I get a coupon! :o) Over the years I have collected quite a few crafting items.
Today I made a card with one of my favorite color combinations - red, black, and white.
- Stamped polka dots on scrap piece of black card stock with white ink.
- I then, stamped the rooster image two times; once on white card stock with black ink (the whole stamp), and once on the black card stock with the polka dots, with white ink (just the upper portion of the stamp) making sure the body was over the polka dots.
- On the full image, I colored his head, wing and tail red - using the colorless blender to pull color out of some spots. I also colored black around his wing on his body. That way if my cutting is not precise (which it usually isn't) you will not be able to tell.
- Cut body out of black card stock with polka dots and ran it through my little Xyron and adhered to the white card stock image. Cut out whole image with die cut. Added some a little ground in gray and dotted with a black fine line marker.
- Next I stamped the chicken feed image twice on a scrap piece of white card stock and colored with markers. I cut out the base image with a circle die cut. I cut out just the bag portion of the second image. I colored both completely and then chose which I wanted for the base and which for just the pop up bag.
- Used a large background stamp to stamp polka dots on black card stock with white ink. Allowed it to dry.
- I wanted to have just a slight red showing for my layers so I cut the rectangle just slightly larger than the Nestability die cut. For the circle, the 1 3/4" punch worked perfect for the chicken feed image. That was purely coincidence!
- I assembled the card bottom up.
- I popped up the feed bag with pop dot adhesive.
Stamps: Stampin' Up!, Rubbernecker
Paper: Stampin' Up! basic black, whisper white, real red
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Stampin' Up! white pigment
Accessories: Copic Markers, Nestabilities narrow rectangle die cuts, Prismacolor .005 Fine Line Marker, Stampin' Up! 1 3/4" circle punch, grosgrain ribbon, & pop dots
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!