Sunday International will be launching a new stamp series later this month....it's the Best of Dee Gruenig, ATC size stamps!! I am so excited. I really, really dig the the bold design of Dee's images and am looking forward to the smaller versions for ATCs and all the "posh-abilities" [as Dee says :o)] of using the various size images.
- I started with the envelop. I used the brayer to color in the sky first and then masked a line for the water level and brayered the water.
- I colored the hippo image with a gray marker and added a little black around the edges and stamped him under water. I added his eyes and eye brows with the fine tip of the LaPlumeII marker. I added some underwater plants (on the front and back) and sponged the the lower part of the card to make it look like the water's bottom.
- I then brayered the water again to make him look under water and added a few bubbles with the fine tip of the LaPlumeII marker.
- For the ATC, I used the brayer to color in the sky first and then sponged the greens from the caribbean blox for the grass.
- I then stamped some plants and a tree for the background - stamping off on scrap paper first and then onto the ATC. I wanted to make them look they were behind the animals - less vivid. I used the blending blox for the plants and markers for the tree.
- For the animals, I used markers directly on the images, blending at least two colors on the stamp for depth and interest. I stamped them onto glossy stick paper. I also stamped some plants using the blending blox.
- I cut out the images and layered them onto the ATC.
Excerpt compliments of Posh Impressions April 24th Newsletter
Sunday International is working hard to present a series of special sets called The Best of Dee Gruenig. Twelve sets will be introduced as the first collection with six pairs of small sets that work well together. They will feature the following three special changes.
Change #2- All images are reduced in size to be used for ATCs, inchies and other smaller projects. They also provide size variation for use with Dee’s usual larger images.
Change #3 - Where appropriate, images normally facing in one direction have been reversed for additional variation and combining when stamping.
Expect them in May and please tell your friends about including mentioning in your chats, forums and clubs.
Stamps: NEW! coming soon Jr. Jungle ATC-Best of Dee Gruenig Collection
Paper: ATC envelop, Crack N' Peel Glossy Sticker Paper, Strathmore Artist Trading Cards-Bristol Vellum
Inks: Stampin' Up! cool caribbean, ballet blue, Marvy Blending Blox shades of caribbean
Accessories: Marvy Brush Art Markers 1, 12, Marvy LaPlumeII 1, 4, 10, 11, 13 18, 29, 46, sponge
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!