Do you know anyone who talks and talks and talks on the phone? If you don't, it might be you :o) I have people in my life that this cute little guy from Hambo Stamps reminds me of, and sometimes it is me!
- Stamped the pig image with black ink on watercolor paper.
- Scribbled marker on non-stick surface. Picked up color with waterbrush. I tried coloring direct on the paper and then spreading the color with the waterbrush, but it was too dark, so I switched methods. For the darker areas, i.e. his ears and nose, I colored directly on the paper with the marker. I darkened his eyes, inside his ears, his mouth, and hooves with a fine line drawing marker (I need to add some reinker to my ink pad!).
- I cut out the main parts of the image and ran them through a sticker maker. For placement, I'll stamp the image again, so the things I cut completely out - phone antenna, balloon string, and his tail - will be there.
- After all that, I started thinking about the background... I decided on an outdoor scene in a square frame. I wanted to add the cute ice cream truck by Hambo in the background and some trees. I drew a road, sponged in grass, added blades of grass with a marker, drew in some trees and sponged in the sky. I used a stamp from SU! Watercolor Minis to create the tree leaves, using two shades of green (I learned this from Kittie. She has really kool scene stamps). I inked up really well then stamped several times across the trees before reinking.
- I used the steps above for the pig to stamp and color the ice cream truck. I used a pink metallic marker to give it some sparkle. I used a clear glitter pen on the windows.
- I used the same marker coloring technique to add color to the street.
- I stamped the pig and ice cream truck images in the scene for placement and the little lines, and adhered the cut out images. I colored in the exhaust from the truck directly with marker.
- I stamped the sentiment "blah, blah, blah" with VersaFine so it would be dark. I need to buy a Brilliance reinker!
- Assembled the card and added dew drops and ice cream elements.
Stamps: Hambo Stamps, Stampin' Up! (retired water color minis)
Paper: Fabriano Artistico Bright White Watercolor Paper Block 140lb, Stampin' Up! whisper white, pretty in pink & designer paper
Inks: Brilliance graphite black, Stampin' Up! green galore, glorious green, ballet blue, brocade blue, VersaFine
Accessories: Marvy LaPlume II 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 51, Tombow blender marker, waterbrush, Prismacolor .005 Fine Line Marker, Xyron sticker machine, Nestabilities square die cut, Sakura metallic pink & clear glitter pens, sponge, dew drops, ice cream element
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!