I had this idea to emboss on top of a polished stone effect on glossy paper and decided to try it with Dee's Funky Flowers.
- Squeezed drops of all three alcohol inks onto applicator felt, added a few drops of blender solution, then dabbed on vase image. Stamped on glossy sticker paper
- Added more ink and solution to applicator felt, and dabbed around big area of the glossy paper to create polished stone look. Allowed to dry. Inked up vase image with VersMark and stamped over polished stone on glossy sticker paper, added clear embossing powder and heat set. Cut out both images of vase.
- Put on a new felt and squeezed drops of all three alcohol inks onto applicator felt, added a few drops of blender solution, then dabbed onto acetate to create a transparency polished stone effect for a background.
- I placed the embossed vase near the acetate, and picked out paints to compliment the vase and the background.
- Added small amount of water to paint pots and waited a few minutes - to get a toothpaste consistency. Used a water brush to apply paint to flower image, and stamped on glossy paper. Reapplied paint and stamped on opaque sticker paper. I wanted to see each turned out. Allow the images to dry and cut out.
- I placed flowers in the vases, just to see how they looked and decided which one I wanted to use for this project. I'll use the other images on another project - maybe this week. :o)
- Assembled the card. You may be able to see my le boo boo, or you might think that it is artistic expression. :o) I placed my flower and vase too far to the right and cut off one side of a flower petal to be flush with the edge.
Stamps: Dee Gruenig's Funky Flowers stamp set
Ink: Adirondack Alcohol Inks eggplant, lettuce, cranberry, VersaMark
Paper: Crack'-N-Peel Glossy Sticker paper, Crack N' Peel Opaque Sticker paper, Oval Window Frames with Acetates, Stampin' Up! whisper white
Accessories: Tim Holz Adirondack Alcohol Ink Applicator, Adirondack blending solution, water brush, craft knife, Inkssentials opaque pen, Scrapbook vellum adhesive, Stampin' Up! clear embossing powder, Twinkling H2Os paint pots green tea, key lime, bougainvillea, plum blossom
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!