I'm moving on from chocolate :o)....I was inspired to pull out my watercolor (WC) mediums by a post from Ellen Hutson's CLASSroom. In her tutorial, she encourages crafters to use multiple mediums. I am also a fan of this practice! I like all the mediums she used and used many of them to create this card.
- Stamped the flower, steam, and leaf images with black ink onto WC paper. As Ellen pointed out in her post, I let it dry. I didn't quite get the steam all the way to the flower so I used a permanent pen to expand and broaden the top of the steam. I liked the look of the leaves not quite touching so I left them alone.
- Before I stared coloring, I painted the images clear water - this allows your paint to flow smoothly. I started with the WC crayons - coloring the leaves and steam green and the flower pedals yellow. I touch the tip of the WC brush to the crayons to pick up color.
- Next, I used the little pots of shimmer paint to add more color to the images.
- In order to get darker shading, I used a Marvy Marker. I added a bit of color, then spread it with the water brush.
- Next I added the sentiment, and oh' no! I rocked my stamp causing an extra black mark - a le boo boo. Well after all that coloring, I was going to use this card. I looked at all the stamps in the set and found the cutest tiny lady bug for the cover up.
- I included a picture below to show how I glued the Dew Drops on. There are many methods that people use. I find this works best for me. I squeeze a few drops onto scrap paper and apply with a toothpick. I like to use tweezers with the Dew Drops cause my fingers are too fat to hold them and place them where I want. :o)
- I stamped my ladybug image and let it dry. Dabbed her with a red marker and spread it with the water brush -- ever so carefully. While I had the Crystal Lacquer out, I gave my little lady bug some dimension. To fix my other le boo boo - I had smudged a corner with my orange fingers - I got out my stipple brush and blending blox and covered that up! Another successful cover up!
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black, Blending Blox shades of orange
Paper: Arturo water color paper
Accessories: WC brush, Faber-Castell artist pen (F), Crystal Lacquer, Stampin' Up! WC crayons certainly celery, barely banana, Marvy Markers 2, 113, Dew Drops, Twinkling H2Os green tea, persimmon, madnarin blush, stipple brush
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!