I'm taking an on line class through My Creative Classroom. Colleen Schaan is teaching the class. It's great for beginners because she teaches you ALL the basics for coloring with different mediums. It's also great for an experienced crafter that may have an expertise in some of the coloring areas and want to get better in others. Water coloring is an area I definitely need improvement in! :o) After a few practice runs and some feedback from Colleen, I felt confident enough to breakout my Harvest Blessing set designed by Anna Wight.
- I stamped the images with StazOn onto WC paper. Using reinkers and a waterbrush, I colored the scarecrow, pumpkins, apples, and basket. I did not have all the colors I wanted, so I mixed colors on my palette (an old CD). I even discovered some new ones as I mixed. :o) On my way to a bright orange for the pumpkins, I found a mustard color I used for the shirt and basket rim - great fall color! I cut out all the images.
- The background is stippled with Blending Blox, using my homemade cloud template for the sky. I drew the corn stock with Copic markers.
- When I stamped the sentiment, I accidentally rocked my stamp and created an extra mark on my tag. That probably never happens to you. I was looking for a way to fix that le boo boo. I had drawn some extra apples to put around the bottom the basket. I placed one over the extra black mark. Viola! it's fixed. Plus, I added an element in a place where I was not thinking of - and I like it. Then I thought about adding a leaf there too. I used Copic markers to color my hand drawn apples and leaf.
- I stamped the images on the background first for placement and then glued the cut out pieces down. For the scarecrow I used the head and body pieces and colored the stake of the stamped image on the background with Copic markers. When I cut him out, I cut his head off (that sounds bad, but remember he's not real!) so I could cut close to his neck. Since I had stamped the image on the background, it made easy to glue him in place.
- I finished off the card with a little Copic marker shadow under the images and a few highlights with a gel pen.
STAMPS: Whipper Snapper Harvest Blessings PAPER: Fabriano Artistico Bright White Watercolor Paper Block 140lb, Papertrey ink, Memory Box Company INK: StazOn Jet Black, Memento Rich Cocoa, Versafine Onyx Black, Blending Blox -Shades of Gold and Shades of Blue ACCESORIES: Inkabilities Brights, Copic Markers and Multiliner pen, Nestabilities tag die cut, Sakura white gel pen, ribbon, waterbrush, stipple brush